Canon AE-1 Program 35mm SLR camera with 50mm FD Lens
This legendary SLR is in perfect working condition, and looks amazing! It comes with a 50mm f1.8 FD lens The AE-1 Program was made 5 years after the success of the AE-1. Many people wanted the program AE mode that was featured in the Canon A-1. This particular mode set both the aperture and shutter speed automatically. You just had to press the shutter button, and you get a great picture. The Canon AE-1 Program camera was developed in response to the demand for program AE and to replace the original AE-1 model. This great SLR now had both shutter speed-priority AE and program AE modes. The camera is also compatible with the A-1’s Motor Drive MA. The viewfinder featured LEDs. It was a very advanced SLR camera.
- Type: 35mm focal-plane shutter SLR camera
- Picture Size: 24 x 36 mm
- Lens Mount : FD mount
- Shutter: Four-axis, horizontal-travel focal-plane shutter with cloth curtains. B, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000 sec. All speeds controlled electronically. Built-in self-timer (with beeper).
- Flash Sync: X-sync automatic-switching sync contacts with German socket and hot shoe.
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism. 0.83x magnification and 94% coverage. Microprism rangefinder-encircled new split prism rangefinder with double diffraction prism at the center of Laser Matte screen. Eight focusing screens interchangeable through the mirror box.
- Viewfinder Information: Exposure meter needle, aperture scale, manual settings, program AE, Flash-ready, flash confirmation, camera shake warning, and overexposure and underexposure warnings.
- Metering & Exposure Control: SPC for TTL full-aperture center weighted averaging metering or TTL stopped-down metering. Exposure compensation with AE lock switch. Four AE modes: Shutter speed-priority AE, program AE, preset aperture-priority AE, and Speedlite AE. Metering range at ISO 100 and f/1.4: EV 1 – 18. Film speed range from ISO 12 to 3200.
- Film Loading & Advance: Slotted take-up spool. Advances with camera-top lever’s 120 stroke (partial strokes enabled). Ready position at 39.
- Film Rewind: Camera-top crank